The Five Main Factors That Are Worth Knowing About The Audi Q8
The Audi Q8 SUV, which the German automaker officially introduced a few days ago, is certainly a brand new look at crossovers. What are the features of the new representative of the Audi’s Q-line?
1. Dimensions. The Audi Q8 is considered full-size, like the basic Q7. Its dimensions are 4990х2000х1710 mm, the wheelbase is 3000 mm. Despite the sporty slope of the roof’s rear, the trunk with folded seats is 1,755 liters.
2. Design. The Q8 differs from the rest of Audi SUVs not only by more sporty appearance, although this, of course, is the main highlight. An unique radiator grille, expressive air intakes on the front bumper, very wide rear racks and impressive arches for 22-inch wheels are just some of the exterior elements that are immediately evident.
3. Lighting. Headlamps and taillights with LED elements are provided as the standard. HD Matrix LED technology is available as an option.
4. Suspension and drive. The Q8 got Audi’s quattro drive with a 40:60 ratio of traction on the front and rear axle. If necessary, the ratio can vary in both directions. Clearance of 254 mm provides the crossover with a good off-road potential. An optional adaptive air suspension allows to vary it in the range of 90 mm.
5. Mild-hybrid technology. All engines of the Q8 are mated with the MHEV system. This is a 48-volt electrics, a lithium-ion battery plus a powerful (12 kW) drive starter. The MHEV technology allows to drive a car on single electric traction with the internal combustion engine turned off at a speed of up to 22 km/h.
The Audi Q8 will start arriving to European markets in the third quarter of 2018.
Source – Audi MediaInfo