The Best-Selling Models In The EU In The First Quarter Of 2018
Total sales of new cars in the European market in the first quarter of this year have been summed up. Conservative Europe does not change its tastes: the top three models remain the same – the Volkswagen Golf, Renault Clio and the Volswagen Polo.
The Ford Fiesta rose to the fourth place, the fifth position is taken by the Nissan Qashqai.
In general, the TOP 10 best-selling models in the EU in the period of January-March 2018 look like this:
- Volkswagen Golf – 149,428 units;
- Renault Clio – 94,070 units;
- Volkswagen Polo – 89,490 units;
- Ford Fiesta – 88,563 units;
- Nissan Qashqai – 84,570 units;
- Skoda Octavia – 78,259 units;
- Volkswagen Tiguan – 74,514 units;
- Peugeot 208 – 69,669 units;
- Ford Focus – 68,907 units;
- Citroen C3 – 64,993 units.
We’d like to note that 8 out of 10 models belong to European brands. A total of 4,171,628 new passenger cars were registered in the European Union during the mentioned period, which exceeds last year’s result by less than one percent.
Among the largest European markets, sales increased in Spain (+10.5%), Germany (+4.0%), France (+2.9%), fell in Italy (-1.5%) and Great Britain (-12, 4%). Demand for cars is growing dynamically in the countries – new members of the EU. They added their own +12% in the annual comparison to the overall sales.
According to ACEA
Photo: Volkswagen Golf Sportsvan (2018)