The most striking car debuts in 2017 according to AutoUniversum
Last year brought a lot of automobile primieres. AutoUniversum presents the most interesting, in our opinion, novelties of the car market.
1. The Toyota Camry of the eighth generation was introduced at the very beginning of 2017. A new platform, a hybrid version and, importantly, the most expressive and sporty appearance among all previous Camries.This is claimed by the developers, and it seems to be really so.
2. In March the Volkswagen Arteon was presented at the Geneva Motor Show. The successor to the Volkswagen CC has already received a lot of positive feedbacks from specialists and has come very close to the premium segment, and may already be in it, judging by the equipment.
3. Another successor is the Skoda Karoq. The crossover has replaced a practical and somewhere pretty Yeti in the model range of the Czech brand However, these are two completely different models, and the Karoq is certainly a step forward.
2018 Skoda Karoq
4. In early summer, the automotive community welcomed the premiere of a small impressive Seat Arona SUV. Created on the basis of the new Ibiza, the crossover has good prospects in Europe.
5. The real event was the release of the second-generation Volvo XC60. The most popular model of the Swedish brand has been sold well before major updates. Now Volvo has all chances to reach a completely different level of production.
6. A debut of the third-generation BMW X3 is of similar importance The most popular Bavarians’ crossover since the beginning of its production in 2003 has already been sold in quantity of 1.5 million units.
The new X3 on a lightweight platform, and in the future with hybrid and electric modifications, is quite capable of doubling the result of the predecessors of the first two generations.
7. Volvo did a great job last year. In the fall its all-new model, the Volvo XC40 compact SUV, was also introduced. The Swedes, therefore, are entering a very dense segment of the market. However, the competitors of the XC40 rather need to fear.
8. The new Audi A8 could not but attract a lot of attention. In particular, the executive sedan got the autopilot as standard, although with limited functionality. The Audi A8 of the fourth generation remained recognizable externally, but from a technical point of view the changes are huge.
9.The new Porsche Cayenne was highly anticipated. In 2002 the crossover inflated the company’s sales. Today, over 770,000 Cayennes have been sold worldwide. The next generation is the quintessence of new technologies and perfect design. However, the car of the next generation has kept authenticity.
10. The premiere of the Mercedes-Benz X-Class should be mentioned too. The main intrigue is that this is the first pickup of the brand. Mercedes is confident that the novelty has excellent prospects. Given how well the Volkswagen Amarok is sold all over the world, it is likely that the market will really accept the Mercedes-Benz X-Class.
Of course, we listed only a small part of the new products in 2017. There was still a huge Volkswagen Atlas SUV and, conversely, a compact Volkswagen T-Roc, a brand new BMW X2 crossover and the next generation of the powerful BMW M5 sports sedan, a large Citroen C5 Aircross … In general, the list is long.
One way or another, in 2018 AutoUniversum will mention most of the novelties of 2017.
Photo above – Joseph Brent