Five main facts about the first Alfa Romeo SUV
Alfa Romeo is preparing for sale its newest model – Stelvio. Car News singled out 5 main facts about the first crossover of the Italian brand, which, we believe, will be of interest to our readers.
1. First of all, it is the SUV’s platform. The Stelvio shares it with a sedan Giulia. Actually, the first Alpha’s crossover is designed based on this model.
2. Engines. They are the same as those put on the Giulia. It is a gasoline engine with 280 hp developed by Ferrari, as well as a 210-horsepower diesel engine produced by the parent company Fiat.
Later less powerful versions of the SUV will be marketed with a gasoline engine of 200 hp and a diesel one of 180 hp.
3. The Stelvio has 8-band automatic transmission specially calibrated for the crossover. Under normal circumstances the entire torque is transmitted to the rear axle. Under load depending on road conditions the drive is automatically connected to the front wheels.
4. Security systems. They are: control of blind spots, lane monitoring, automatic braking before an obstacle, etc.
5. The main competitors of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio are the British Jaguar F-Pace and the German BMW X4 to our mind.
Initially the Giulia sedan and, most likely, the Stelvio crossover will be sold in Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland and the Netherlands. Probably later the geography of their supplies will be extended, if, of course, the Giulia and the Stelvio are not fail on the market.
Photo – Alfa Romeo