Experts Named The TOP 10 Green Cars Of The American Market
We offer the readers a ranking of the TOP 10 most popular green cars on one of the world’s largest car market – the USA. It has been made up by carsalesbase.com experts based on sales result of January 2018.
To ‘green’ in a broad sense belong the vehicles, the drivetrain of which includes an electric motor. They are all-electric (EV), hybrid or plug-in hybrid (PHEV) ones.
The sales of green cars grew slightly compared to January 2017 – only by 2.3%, the total reached 32 681 units.
So, the January ten best-selling models look like this:
- Toyota Prius – 4,011 units, -12%;
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid – 3,502 units, +21%;
- Ford Fusion Hybrid – 2,519 units, -48%;
- Tesla Model 3 – 1,875 units, a newcomer of the market;
- Kia Niro – 1,785 units, +4150% (!);
- Toyota Camry-Hybrid – 1,621 units, +31%;
- Toyota Prius Prime – 1,496 units, +9.5%;
- Lexus Hybrids – 1,307 units, +50%;
- Chevrolet Bolt EV – 1,177 units, +1%;
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid – 976 units, +71%.
Among the ten leaders of the US green segment there are two all-electric models, the Tesla and Chevrolet and one plug-in hybrid – the Toyota Prius Prime. The rest are hybrids.
In the top photo: the Toyota Prius