15 best-selling cars in the world
The Californian blog Tech Rogers has compiled a list of the best-selling cars in the world. During the New Year holidays, when there are few news from the automotive world, such ratings are an excellent alternative. AutoUniversum gladly acquaints its readers with one of them.
1. The Toyota Corolla remains the No.1 car by world sales. Despite some decline in demand, the list of the best-selling cars in the world is headed by it.
Toyota Corolla (European version)
2. The Hyundai Elantra, which is sold in South Korea under the name Avante, is bought in quantity of 1.01 million units worldwide. This is the main competitor of the Corolla.
3. A product of the joint venture SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile – the Wuling Hong Guang minivan – the most popular model in China. Under other names it is sold in India, Indonesia and some other markets in Southeast Asia.
4. The Ford Focus in 2017 was purchased by almost 920,000 people. Soon a new generation of the model will be presented.
5. The Kia Rio is sold well in the US and other developed countries. In different versions, the model is also present in developing markets.
6. The Ford Fiesta is the most popular car brand in Europe. Following the results of sales in 2017, the Fiesta became a bestseller in the UK.
7. The Volkswagen Jetta is popular on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. A change of generations of the model is also awaited.
8. The Toyota Camry is the second most popular model of the Japanese brand after Corolla.
9. The Chevrolet Cruze is the most popular model of General Motors, if to talk about global sales.
10. The Volkswagen Golf is a permanent bestseller in Europe for many years without any prospects for competitors.
11. The Volkswagen Passat, which is produced at the car factory in Chattanooga, Tennessee (USA), is well bought around the world.
12. The Honda Civic is an icon of the Japanese automobile industry. Sales of this car fell to 555,000 last year. Nevertheless, it still preserves the aura of a very popular car on the planet.
Honda Civic – European version
13. The Dodge Ram. This pickup truck is really very popular, although we have little doubt about its position in the Tech Rogers rating.
Certain doubts also cause the last two places on the list, although both cars are certainly popular on the planet.
14. The Suzuki Swift. In 2017 a new generation was presented, which looks more sporty.
15. The Mazda3 (Mazda Axela in Japan). The model also expects a change of generations. Perhaps this will happen in 2018.
AutoUniversum does not undertake to evaluate the objectivity of the rating of our colleagues, but in general, the picture looks really like this.
Source – Tech Rogers